So you have written a story or writing a book and want to know how to publish your ebook for free. There are many platforms where you can publish your ebook for free like Amazon kindle direct publishing (also called KDP), Rakuten Kobo, Barner and Nobles, Google Play Books Store, etc.
In this post, we will learn how to self-publish an ebook on google playbook story. Google Books Store is one of the most reputed and best names in getting huge exposure for your eBooks and also pay a good amount to its authors.
So let’s get started.
How to self-publish an ebook on google play: Step by Step
1. Sign Up for a Partner Account
For Creating your Partner account search Google books partner center or click here
Now select a self-published author cause you are not a publisher or a distributor, you are selling your own book here. But if you are selling someone else book and want to start your publishing house, then you can select the publisher option.
2. Fill your Financial Details
3. Add a Book
Now Its time to add your book,You can see below, I have already added my own book, The Drunken Ghost in Google Play Books Store.
In your case, you will see this empty space, Click on Book Catalog and then add your first book
After clicking on Add Book you will see a page like this,
Now If you have an ISBN for your book, then you can enter it here, but if you don’t have any then yet you don’t need to worry cause Google has its own ISBN alternative which is called GGKEY, and Google Books provide it to everyone for free.
So simply select Get a Google Book Id and google Play Books will provide you with a unique book ID for your book same as the ISBN, which they call GGKEY but it will only be used at Google services.
By the way, if you are confused by the name, ISBN then let me tell you in the simple word ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number. It is a numeric commercial book identifier that is unique to every book. You can know more about ISBN on the web.
4. Fill in Your Ebook Info, Details and Description
About the book contains these following queries:
- Title- Enter your book title here, but if you yet not have decided your book title than let me tell you it needs to be small, simple and unique. So take your time and coin a killer title.
- Subtitle– Enter a sweet and simple subtitle.
- Description– The book blurb is also one of the important parts of a book publishing process to fill because the blurb, the description is one of the first elements of a book which will attract the readers and will invite them to read the whole book so make sure you are writing an awesome book blurb.
- And Publisher name, Date of Book first published Book Language, Page Count, Book Format, Series number if any, and Related Book-If there are other ISBN related to this book.
Choose Genre for your book:
Select relevant Genres for your book and choose many and wisely because Genres play an important role in the sales of the book. It helps books to rank and appear in Google Books search results genre categories. So choose many, but not irrelevant genres to your book.
Enter Contributors name
Enter the Contributor’s name for your book if any like your book editor’s name, the illustrators, the translators so do give them the credit and fill a short author Biography
- Apply DRM encryption– Select “Yes” as it will restrict anyone to download and copy your book content and use it anywhere without your consent.
- Preview limit– Select a 20 percent Preview limit which is a minimum limit, by the way, preview helps readers to take a glimpse of your book without the need to buy it, by the way, you can make your book preview limit to 100 percent.
- Copy/Paste limit– You can allow readers to copy you book some or whole content. So 0 percent is recommended to restrict and misuse of your book content.
- Create a flowable text– Select Yes
- Territories– Select World
- Allow PDF download of your book- Select Yes/No as you want
5. Upload your book and cover files
In this section you need to provide three files:
- Your Book Front cover image (In . JPG, PNG, JPEG, PDF)
- Your Book interior file ( In EPUB or PDF )
- Your Book Back Cover Image (Optional)
6. Book pricing
Now set a good reasonable price for your book and here you also get the option to set different prices for every country so like you can set up USA Google Books market price at $ 2 and Indian Google Books market price at $ 0.99. So it is a good way to set up a specific price at the leading book markets places and the places where the readers are easily ready to pay a high price for your book.
Royalty paid on Google Play Books:
- The Standard default revenue split which is paid to partners is 52%
- But partners can also earn 70% royalty if you set your price for three countries like Australia, Canada and the USA under given below range.
How to Promote your New Book on Google Books Play Store.
After doing all the hard work in writing a book and putting all the efforts into publishing your book properly on every publishing platform possible now It’s time to promote your book.
Why do I recommend you to run a Free eBook deal for your book promotion?
About the Author-
Neel Rana is a YA short storybook author, flash fiction writer, literary enthusiast, entrepreneur, and the founder of Pandora Post. He holds a degree in BA Honours in English Literature and has been writing since 2017.